Saturday, March 18, 2006

20 Million Muslims can't be wrong.

Oianna Fallaci has a new book - The Force of Reason. In it she questions how did Europe become home to 20 Million muslims in only 20 years.

How did Islam go from being a virtual non-factor to a religion that threatens the preeminence of Christianity on the Continent? How could the most popular name for a baby boy in Brussels possibly be Mohammed? Can it really be true that Muslims plan to build a mosque in London that will hold 40,000 people? That Dutch cities like Amsterdam and Rotterdam are close to having Muslim majorities? How was Europe, which was saved by the U.S. in world wars I and II, and whose Muslim Bosnians were rescued by the U.S. as recently as 1999, transformed into a place in which, as Fallaci puts it, “if I hate Americans I go to Heaven and if I hate Muslims I go to Hell?”

The LA Weekly has an interesting review of the book as well.

Technorati Tag

No comments: