Monday, August 29, 2005

I hate August

Thank heaven that August is nearly over. It is not the weather I hate - in fact the August weather has been refreshing after the blowtorch of July. It is not that nothern Californians send their kids back to school in the middle of August in defiance of American tradition. It is not even the fact that radio stations up here don't even have enough power to cover you within the city limits.

What drives me crazy is that NOTHING is happening.

Congress is on vacation. And while they are off doing whatever they do when they arn't spending my money, we are surrounded by spin and speculation. Everybody has an opinion and everybody is certain that we are going to hell in a handbasket.
I am sick of people's opinions, their gloom and doom attitudes and their refusal to be a part of any solution. The only positive I can recall this month are the Michael Yon posts from Iraq. No wonder people go on vacation. I just hope I can make it through one more week.

No comments: