Saturday, August 02, 2008

Busted

I have talked about my two climbing roses in the courtyard entrace to my house. One of them, I decided to encourage to climb through the widow in the bell tower and out onto the front of the house. The idea was to prune and train the branches along the eves of the house above the garages.

As you can see the rose has quite enthusiatically followed my suggestion and I was getting ready for some pruning and tying to train it along the eves when I received a letter from the plant cops that I couldn't have anything vegetative climbing out of the front of the house.

This isn't my first run-in with the plant cops and, in fact, I started a post describing my earlier problem but never got around to finishing it. Another item on my to-do list. Suffice for now to say the I will be removing the offending vegetation this weekend. These guys mean business.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Stupid plant cops. Sorry you got busted, it looks like it was on it's way to being really beautiful!

Ralph said...

It was. It is so strange how fixated the developers are on controlling the front of my house. It isn't mine at all, although I pay an arm and two legs for them to maintain it.

Julie said...

Oh...isn't this lovely! I am bummed...even showed my husband this morning...how the cops are being so B*THEADED about it!!! Very sad. Hopefully you can move it to an even better location!!!

Ralph said...

Ik only had to cut off the offending branches. The plant is growing inside the courtyard where aparently the cops have no authority.

Anonymous said...

I think your climbing rose looks romantic and lovely on your bell tower. Sorry about the plant cops raining on your parade. It looks like these people would have something better to do, right?