Sunday, March 08, 2009

What's in my garden?

















First the new roses for this year. I am adding a second Graham Thomas to make a more robust presence and replacing some pittosporums which died when the drip system got stopped last year with shrub roses. I am hoping to get the same size planting with flowers to boot. I selected Fire Meidiland because I like it hot.

Last year I lost every rose I planted, something that has never happened to me before. I think I know why and I won't be using that product again. I will probably phase out all the products from the supplier over time also even though I think they are good products. I think that east coast techniques may not always work on the west coast.



At the bottom, I show you the flowers from my grevillea planst. They are showy up close but not so much from a distance. Still its nice to get some color on my hillside backyard.

No comments: