Friday, December 02, 2005

More Info for Future Expatriots

As I considered the likelihood that Californians will be heading for the border when our nominal control of the executive branch of state government reverts to Democrat fiscal irresponsibility, I asked where we might go to find governmental sanity and a pleasant environment.
As far as the conomy goes, Will Franklin reports that state tax rates turn out to be highly corelated with the economy and migration in and out. California, to my surprise is not among the top ten tax collectors. I suspect from the comments that we can thank Prop 13 for keeping property taxes under control. Housing prices probably more than compensate in impact on households but that is speculation on my part.

Check out your favorite state. Maybe you want to reconsider.

No comments: