Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Curmudgeon

I am sick of watching the news. Not that I am, anymore, a newshound eager to hear what Huntly and Brinkley decided were the important stories like I did back in grad school. Lately, I have been captivated by Greta and her exclusive on the Dutch fumbles in the Natalie Holloway disappearance. It was a soap opera and when Greta faltered or repeated you could always use Nancy Grace as a backup.

No more. Its all Katrina all the time.

I don't want to see any more water being pumped. I don't want to see the flooded school busses that weren't used. I don't want to see the control center in the Astrodome. A five or ten minute update would cover any changes since yesterday but you would think that nothing else was happening in the world.

Isn't there something going on in the Senate? It seems like there was something that was supposed to be happening. It must not be Bush's fault or else we would surely hear aboaut it.

Thank heaven for Ophelia.

No comments: