Thursday, September 01, 2005

Not a Movie Review

My son insists that the world is begging for me to review War of the Worlds. Well, I liked it pretty well although the little girl was hard to take. The son had the sense to run off before I got too sick of him. The high point was Tom Cruise taking out Tim Robbins with a shovel.

And those Martians! How can they be ominous and evil without uniforms? Naked invaders --oooh, I'm scared. And they are wandering about playing with objects just like chimps might. No wonder they couldn't master basic hygene? I think there must be a master race out there somewhere observing and I am not ready to claim victory yet. Any race with the organization to store weapons of mass destruction millions of years ahead of the invasion should not be discounted.

It was a good way to pass a hot Sunday in July and well written eoungh to carry you along without time for questions. And I may need to buy it just to see the high point again.

More interesting, however, is a blog by Josh Friedman, the screenwriter of the movie. Now I always thought that screenwriters were pretty high up the hollywood food chain but check out this post about attending the premiere. It's not quite what I imagined. His blog is a nice break from politics.

No comments: