Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Lemons – The Republican Fruit



There was a Peter, Paul and Mary song back when I was in college titled ‘The Lovely Lemon Tree’. The chorus as I remember went:

Lemon tree very pretty
And the lemon flower is sweet
But the fruit of the poor lemon
Is impossible to eat.

I am humming this song as I think about yesterday’s election in California. All that occurs to me as I read conservative posts about the election is that we have a mess of lemons in California and I am sick of making lemonade every time Republicans eat their own.

There is no good news here folks.

California Republicans would much rather be right than win.

Right isn’t even on the map for California Democrats but they have win down pat.

As a result we left Arnold to deal with the union thugs and complained that he is too liberal. Arnold has given us the only wins we have seen in decades but he, and his propositions, are not conservative enough. Arnold vetoes legislation – something Bush is unwilling to do- and has saved us from illegals with driver’s licenses, gay marriage and tax increases …..up to now.

We sent him out to slay the dragon but were not there to back him up. Now he will have to negotiate with thugs, bullies and liars and I can't wait to hear the self-annointed Republican leaders complain and criticize whatever he gets.

I am fed up with Republicans who - once they have their own- will let the rest of us go to hell.

The shoe fits, Doolittle, but its not very becoming.

No comments: