Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Chillin' on Miers


Living in California for 30 years and watching the state party self-destruct over that time, I am familiar with the rejection of the better in the elusive quest for the best. When I hear the Republican elites snivel and whine about Harriet Miers failing to meet their expectations, it makes me sick.

She didn't go to Harvard. She didn't clerk with the Supremes. She actually worked in the private sector. She might be a Souter. Heck, She might be a space alien too.

Stephen Bainbridge, the wine snob, was on the radio this afternoon attempting to explain why he could't support her and he sounded like a spoiled teenager who just got the car keys taken away, not a distinguished legal mind.

Well, I am not a distinguished legal mind but I sure am fed up with the decisions changing my world made by the elitist justices on the court now and I don't care a whit for the opinions of the politicians and reporters who want to be go to guys for the President but arn't.

If they can't appreciate the majority position that this President has given them and let him do the job we elected him to do, the least they can do is shut up and accept that the choice was not theirs but his. I didn't vote for any of them.

She may be the best nominee we could want. She may not. But we elected Bush to make these decisions not those whiners. The Democrats will attempt to create enough problems for this nomination. They don't need help. Republicans shut up!

No comments: